Construction work is anyways very tough and complex and things can go from bad to worse during the winter months. Thus, it is important that just like the weather changes your gloves should also change!
It has been seen that two of the most common reason for injuries at construction worksites is either construction workers not wearing any gloves at all or construction workers wearing ill-fitting gloves.
That’s why it is important for construction workers to wear the best winter gloves for construction work. Not wearing the right kind of gloves can result in loss of productivity due to stiff and numb fingers.
If you are a construction worker, then it is very important for you to wear the best winter gloves for construction work that can protect you from sub-zero air temperatures and wind chills. Not wearing the right fitting gloves can result in accidents and injuries at the workplace.
What should you look for in the best winter work gloves for construction?
When you are in the market looking for the best winter work gloves for construction, you should keep an eye out for the following features!
- Fit :- Only buy gloves which fit you well because it has already been told that most injuries happen in construction sites because either worker don’t wear any gloves at all or they wear ill-fitting gloves. You are advised to take your own sweet time and browse through the options and don’t stop till you have found the best ‘fit’ for yourself. Don’t buy anything small gloves as they can constrict movement, and don’t go for big gloves as they can hinder flexibility.
- Outer Shell:- Considering that the outer shell of the glove is its first line of defense, you should get gloves that have ripstop nylon with a DWR that can provide adequate protection to your hands from the winds as well as from the wetness.
- Insulation:- When it comes to the best winter work gloves for construction, insulation is very important and you should ideally choose gloves that provide dual-zone insulation.
- Waterproofing:- It often rains during winter months so you are better off buying gloves that have solid waterproofing properties. Such properties can bolster protection and they can keep the moisture at bay and also allow sweat to escape.
- Tech-friendly:- You can consider the option of buying thermal gloves that come with a touch screen option. These types of gloves can make you more productive and efficient at work and can help you in saving a lot of time. When you are wearing such gloves, you will easily be able to swipe and answer calls without even removing the gloves. You will be able to perform basic mobile device tasks without exposing your hands to the harsh winter elements that are common during winter months.
The Bottom Line
You can begin with a few search engine queries and you will soon come across multitudes of options to choose from. The staggering number of options will leave you well and truly spoilt for choice. When choosing the best winter work gloves for construction, color and design should be the least of your concerns. Instead, most of your focus should be on examining the materials, features, and size of the glove, that you have shortlisted to buy. Buy gloves that have excellent waterproof and windproof inner membranes so that your hands remain dry in wet and cold conditions. You should ideally buy gloves that provide you with immense comfort and unquestionable freedom of movement. Browse through all the different options and ideally buy gloves that are resilient enough to protect your hands from chemicals and cuts, including and especially the harsh conditions of the winter months.